Mark R. Prausnitz (from Georgia Tech)Adjunct Professor
Tel : +1-404-894-5135
Fax : +1-404-894-2291
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Homepage : http://drugdelivery.chbe.gatech.edu/index.html
- B.S. (with distinction), Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1988
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1994
Employment and Professional Experience
- Instructor, Technical Communications Program, Stanford University, 1985-1988
- Junior Chemical Engineer, ALZA Corporation, 1988-1989
- Research Assistant, Department of Chemical Engineering, MIT, 1989-1994
- Biomedical Engineer, ORBIS International, 1994-1995
- Assistant Professor, School of Chemical Engineering, Georgia Tech 1995-2001
- Assistant Professor (Program Faculty), Georgia Tech/Emory Department of Biomedical Engineering, 1998-2001
- Associate Professor, School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Georgia Tech and Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, 2001-2006
- Professor, School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Georgia Tech and Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, 2006-2011
- Regents’ Professor, School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Georgia Tech and Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, 2011-Present
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Work in Transdermal Drug Delivery Award, Controlled Release Society, 1992
- Outstanding Pharmaceutical Paper Award, Controlled Release Society, 1992
- CAREER Young Investigator Award, National Science Foundation, 1996
- Junior Faculty Research Award, Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society, Georgia Institute of Technology Chapter, 1998
- Top 100 Young Innovator (TR100), Technology Review Magazine, 1999
- BP/AMOCO Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2000
- Finalist, Coulter Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, The Wallace Coulter Foundation, 2000
- 40-Under-40 Rising Stars of 2001, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2001
- NSF/NIH Scholar-in-Residence at the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, 2002
- Curtis W. McGraw Research Award, American Society for Engineering Education, 2004
- Young Investigator Award, Controlled Release Society, 2005
- Emerson-Lewis Faculty Fellow, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2005-2007
- Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 2008
- Love Family Faculty Fellow, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010-2014
- Outstanding Achievement in Research Program Development, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011
- Best Faculty Paper Award, Sigma Xi, Georgia Institute of Technology Chapter, 2011
- Gold Tower Award: Faculty Communicator of the Year, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011
1. Y Liu, NJ Bowen, L Matyunina, J McDonald, and MR Prausnitz (2012) Gene transfection enhanced by ultrasound exposure combined with drug treatment guided by gene chip analysis, International Journal of Hyperthermia 28:349-361.
2. SR Patel, DE Berezovsky, BE McCarey, V Zarnitsyn, HF Edelhauser, and MR Prausnitz (2012) Targeted administration into the suprachoroidal space using a microneedle for drug delivery to the posterior segment of the eye, Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 53:4433-4441.
3. -M Song, Y-C Kim, E O, RW Compans, MR Prausnitz (2012) and S-M Kang, DNA vaccination in the skin using microneedles improves protection against influenza, Molecular Therapy 20:1472-1480.
4. MR Prausnitz, PM Elias, TJ Franz, M Schmuth J-C Tsai, GK Menon, WM Holleran and KR Feingold (2012) Skin Barrier and Transdermal Drug Delivery in Dermatology, 3rd Edition, JL Bolognia, JL Jorizzo, and JV Schaffer, Elsevier Limited, pp 2065-2073.
5. XD Guo and MR Prausnitz (2012) Microelectronic control of drug delivery, Expert Reviews of Medical Devices, 9:323-326
6. Y-C Kim, J-H Park, MR Prausnitz (2012) Microneedles for drug and vaccine delivery, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 64:1547:1568.
7. M Park, CG Park, SH Lee, JE Lee, E Cho, MR Prausnitz and YB Choy (2012) Polymeric tube-shaped devices with controlled geometry for programmed drug delivery, Macromolecular Research 20:960-967.
8. BS Aytar, MR Prausnitz, and DM Lynn (2012) Rapid release of plasmid DNA from surfaces coated with polyelectrolyte multilayers promoted by the application of electrochemical potentials, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 4:2726-2734.
9. WC Weldon, VG Zarnitsyn, ES Esser, MT Taherbhai, DG Koutsonanos, EV Vassilieva, I Skountzou, MR Prausnitz, and RW Compans (2012) Effect of adjuvants on responses to skin immunization by microneedles coated with influenza subunit vaccine, PLoS One, 7:e41501.
10. BM Torrisi, V Zarnitsyn, MR Prausnitz, A Anstey, C Gateley, JC Birchall, and SA Coulman (2013) Pocketed microneedles for rapid delivery of a liquid-state botulinum toxin A formulation into human skin, J Control Release, 2:146-52.
Laboratory for Drug Delivery