2013 Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Thesis Advisor: Prof. Francesco Stellacci)
2008 M.S. Seoul National University (Thesis Advisor: Prof. Won Ho Jo)
2006 B.S. Seoul National University
Employment and Professional Experience
2017 Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Supervisor: Dr. Jeffrey Urban)
2012 Visiting Student, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Design and Synthesis of Functional Hybrid Nanomaterials (Inorganic Nanocrystals, Carbon Materials, Polymer)
- Energy and Environmental Application (Hydrogen Storage, Carbon Capture and Storage, Gas Separation, Water Treatment)
1. Eun Seon Cho, Fen Qiu, Jeffrey J. Urban, “Tailoring Polymer Conformation for Nanocrystal Growth: the Role of Chain Length and Solvent” Small, 2016, 13, 1602572, Featured on journal frontispiece.
2. Younjue Bae*, Eun Seon Cho*, Fen Qiu, Teresa E. Williams, Daniel T. Sun, Jeffrey J. Urban, Wendy L. Queen, “Transparent Metal-Organic Framework/Polymer Mixed Matrix Membranes as Water Vapor Barriers” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 10098-10103.
3. Eun Seon Cho, Anne M. Ruminski, Shaul Aloni, Yi-Sheng Liu, Jinghua Guo, Jeffrey J. Urban, “Graphene Oxide/Metal Nanocrystal Multilaminates as the Atomic Limit for Safe and Selective Hydrogen Storage” Nature Communications, 2016, 7, 10804.
4. Eun Seon Cho, Nelson E. Coates, Jason D. Forster, Anne M. Ruminski, Boris Russ, Ayaskanta Sahu, Norman C. Su, Fan Yang, Jeffrey J. Urban, “Engineering Synergy: Energy and Mass Transport in Hybrid Nanomaterials” (equally contributed by all authors) Advanced Materials, 2015, 27, 5744-5752.
5. Eun Seon Cho, Christopher M. Evans, Emily C. Davidson, Megan L. Hoarfrost, Miguel A. Modestino, Rachel A. Segalman, and Jeffrey J. Urban, “Enhanced Water Vapor Blocking in Transparent Hybrid Polymer-Nanocrystal Films” ACS Macro Letters, 2015, 4, 70-74 .
6. Eun Seon Cho, Takahiro Yokoyama, Elif Ertem, and Francesco Stellacci, “Change of Luminescence Properties of Europium Ions Captured by Mixed-Ligand Silver Nanoparticles” Israel Journal of Chemistry, 2014, 54, 708-711.
7. Eun Seon Cho*, Jiwon Kim*, Baudilio Tejerina, Thomas M. Hermans, Hao Jiang, Hideyuki Nakanishi, Miao Yu, Alexander Z. Patashinski, Sharon C. Glotzer, Francesco Stellacci, and Bartosz A. Grzybowski, “Ultrasensitive Detection of Toxic Cations through Changes in the Tunnelling Current across Films of Striped Nanoparticles” Nature Materials, 2012, 11, 978-985, Featured on journal cover.
8. Eun Seon Cho*, Sung Woo Hong*, Won Ho Jo, “A New pH Sensor Using the Fluorescence Quenching of Carbon Nanotube” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2008, 29, 1798-1803.