- Ph.D. in Chemical and BiologicalEngineering, Princeton University, 2011
- M.A. in Chemical and BiologicalEngineering, Princeton University, 2008
- B.E. in Chemical Engineering, DartmouthCollege, 2006
- A.B. in Engineering Sciences modified withChemistry, Dartmouth College, 2006
Employmentand Professional Experience
- 2016-present: Assistant Professor in Dept.Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, KAIST
- 2011-2015: Postdoctoral Researcher: Schoolof Biological Sciences, Seoul National University
- TJ Park Postdoctoral Fellowship, TJ ParkFoundation, POSCO (2012)
- Wallace Memorial Honorific Fellowship,Princeton University (2010)
- Wu Prize for Excellence, PrincetonUniversity (2010)
- Donald W. Collier '44 Fellowship,Princeton University (2006)
- The Thayer School Faculty Award forAcademic Excellence, Dartmouth College (2006)
- Summa Cum Laude, Dartmouth College (2006)
- The Leon Burr Richardson Chemistry Prize(2003)
- Systems Biology
- Quantitative Imaging
- RNA Biology
- Signal Transduction
1. Kim Y*,Yeo J*, Lee JH*, Cho J, Suh D, Kim J, and Kim VN. (2014). Deletion of human tarbp2 reveals cellular microRNA targetsand cell cycle function of TRBP. CellRep. 9, 1061-1074.
2. Kim Y, LeeJH, Park JE, Cho J, Yi H, and Kim VN. (2014). PKR is activated by cellulardsRNAs during mitosis and acts as a mitotic regulator. Genes Dev. 28,1310-1322.
3. Kim Y,Iagovitina A, Ishihara K, Fitzgerald KM, Deplancke B, Papatsenko D, andShvartsman SY. (2013). Context-dependent transcriptional interpretation ofmitogen activated protein kinase signaling in the Drosophila embryo. Chaos. 23,025105.
4. Kim Y, Andreu MJ,Lim B, Chung K, Terayama M, Jiménez G, Berg CA, Lu H, and Shvartsman SY. (2011). Gene Regulation byMAPK Substrate Competition. Dev Cell. 20, 880-887.
5. Kim Y, Paroush Z, Nairz K, Hafen E,Jiménez G, and Shvartsman SY. (2011). Substrate-dependentcontrol of MAPK phosphorylation in vivo.Mol Syst Biol. 7, 467.
6. Chung K*, Kim Y*, Kanodia JS, Gong E,Shvartsman SY, and Lu H. (2011). Amicrofluidic array for large-scale ordering and orientation of embryos. Nat Methods. 8, 171-176.
7. Kim Y, Coppey M, Grossman R, Ajuria L,Jiménez G, Paroush Z, and Shvartsman SY. (2010). MAPK Substrate Competition Integrates PatterningSignals in the Drosophila Embryo. Curr Biol. 20, 446-451.