바이오및뇌공학과와 항공우주공학전공이 공동으로 주관하는 8월 첫수융합포럼에 여러분을 초대합니다.
On behalf of the Department of Bio and Brain Engineering and Division of Aerospace Engineering, we would like to cordially invite you to attend "The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum in August“
- Date: 8월 3일(수) 12:00/ 3rd of August(Wed) 12:00
- Venue: 창의학습관(E11) 311호/Room 311, Creative Learning Building(E11)
- Speaker 1: Prof. Yong Jeong (Department of Bio and Brain Engineering, KAIST)
- Topic 1: Body and environment monitoring in the brain: Injury, recovery and treatment
The function of brain can be said to predict the future and commit action for survival by combining information from memory and that from sensors that monitor changes of environment and body. Human body including brain is vulnerable to various disease and injury but it has self-recovery process. The way of monitoring and recovery processed may provide insights for building machineries such as aircraft.
- Speaker 2: Seung Moon Jun, Ph.D (Agency for Defense Development)
- Topic 2: Structural health monitoring (SHM) technology for the airframe structures
Airframe structural designers have been struggling to survive between performance (make it light) and safety (should be strong) requirements. SHM technology incorporated with advanced sensor systems will provide solutions to overcome those contradicting requirements. Let the structure feel pain!
※ 간단한 점심식사가 제공될 예정입니다. 학생 여러분의 많은 참석을 바랍니다.
Refreshments will be served for free. Please come and enjoy.